Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Long long line today-- but 'twas a blessed day

After waking up at around 12 mn, I couldn't get to go to sleep anymore. By one-ish, I was back in the Internet-- great cure for emerging insomniacs like myself (I hope not!!!). All I did was look at the listings of all international schools registered in EARCOS-- okay okay, I was just browsing! I wanted to see what the vacant teaching jobs were. So I did a little experiment-- the results and full account of which I will divulge in due time. I was done with the internet at around 5:30 a.m. and I was wavering on the idea whether or not I should go to my little part time job while I'm on vacation from work (my real work starts in August-- I have a two month break as part of being our "summer vacation" which really isn't summer anymore, sigh). So there. I still decided to go-- report at 8:30 and finished at around 10"45-- went straight to UP and by good graces got so so so much cooperation from Manang Violy. The angel of UP. I'll post her picture soon. Haggard, haggard, haggard-- wearing tsinelas, skinny jeans, and a frumpy shirt-- I was gasp!! gasp!!! mistaken to be a freshman at the table where they released enrollment forms!!!! super duper gasp!!! Maybe it's the 3 zits on my forehead-- that should have been way over 15 years ago. To my delight, I actually told them: "mag-add kayo ng 16 years sa edad na 'yon" (Add 16 years to my presupposed age). Hehehe! Anyway, what can I say???!!! So I actually veered off from this really really really long line-- payment of fees. So I just went to the UP bookstore. At this point I'm thinking: "Why I didn't take pictures at that time is beyond me." Argh! Sayang. Anyway, I'm taking pics tomorrow. I passed by the UP Press Bookstore-- ah, sanctuary-- an escape from today's enrollment hype. I'm thanking the Supreme Being up there that I've finally made peace with a professor today. Let's just finish with point that I didn't do anything in the first place, it's just that years ago, I was mistakenly blamed for doing something I did not do. Ah, bliss--- bliss, bliss. Today was extremely good.

No comments: