Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Post Baguio Flower Festival thoughts

. . . nothing exists unless it is written. . . To end, let me quote a most endearing thought by Natalie Goldberg, author of "Writing Down the Bones": "Writers live twice. They go along with their regular life . . . But there's another part of them that they have been training. The one that lives everything a second time." After our trip to Tam-Awan, the blissful glow of visiting tourist spots got us going. Back during the days when I would look at photo exhibits around here, I would wonder where do photographers get to have perfect shots of these lotus flowers. . . "In Baguio? I'd say to myself . . . nah! Impossible!" Guess where these came from-- Chinese Bell Church! The drive to the entrance is an elusive one-way fairly concreted road ending to a surprisingly spacious parking space. If you come in the morning, you are greeting by the "far from Baguio" ambience. . . For a moment, (now this was not a duh moment) believe me I actually was reminding myself that I was just by marker between Baguio and La Trinidad. So we rose up the stairs, took a look at the gardens, and lo and behold, I stood in awe at the modest grey ensemble of a fountain nestled, peppered, bedded lotus pods and flowers. Aaaaah bliss. . . Christina and I went inside the temple and did some prayerful wishes. . . The blessing simply said: All is good. And guess what, I truly believe it!

No comments: